suzy vitello

I write contemporary/fantasy mashup teen/adult books with quirky narrators. Find THE MOMENT BEFORE and THE EMPRESS CHRONICLES at your favorite book retailer.

As a reader, I am always ready to dive into stories told by a unique voice. A narrator that demands I follow, and winds me through new territory. I approach writing my books the same way. Voice. Setting. Relationships. Unique takes on boy meets girl. I'm a fan of quirky characters, too. The imperfect, slightly off artsy girl. The bad boy with a heart. Characters who don't fit the general mold. They tend to find me. On the page and in real life.

The Moment Before
The Moment Before

Announcing a new title for my contemporary YA (Formerly called Raising Cheer): THE MOMENT BEFORE! Arcs are being produced this weekend. Here's a description:

Brady and Sabine Wilson are sisters born eleven months apart, but they couldn’t be more different. Popular Sabine, the head cheerleader dating the high school hunk, seems to have all the luck, while her younger, artsy sister "Brady Brooder" is a loner who prefers the sidelines to the limelight.

After Sabine dies in a horrific cheerleading accident, grief unravels Brady and her family. Once recognized for her artistic talent, 17-year-old Brady finds herself questioning the value of everything she once held dear. Her best friend betrays her. Her parents’ marriage is crumbling. And the boy everyone blames for the accident seems to be her only ally in the search for answers in the wake of her sister’s death. As an unlikely friendship emerges, Brady learns more about Sabine – and love – than she bargained for.

If you're a book blogger or reviewer who wants to get your hands on an e-version or a paper arc, please get in touch with angela@diversionbooks.com

Thank you!